Singapore's 2 Best Credit Cards For Families With Kids
There is nothing as fun and satisfying as spending quality time with your kids, and when your busy lifestyle lets you have that precious time with your children, you probably want to make the most of it.
Taking advantage of discounts or rebates on family activities can help you get a lot more out of your family time, without spending huge amounts of money.
Although banks in Singapore don't currently offer as many family privileges as I would like them to, there are a few credit cards that give you really good discounts or cash back on family destinations and child development activities.
We've gone through the fine print of hundreds of cards to bring you GET.com's pick of the 2 best credit cards for families in Singapore. These top cashback cards will help you get more for your money.
|Credit Card||Features||Intro Interest p.a.||Standard Interest p.a.||Annual Fee||Minimum Income||We least like||Related links|
HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
- Welcome gift for new cardholder: Choice of American Tourister Caravan 70cm TSA luggage worth S$260 or S$100 cash back (Must not hold any existing Card*; Did not cancel any Card within last 12 months*; and Charge a minimum of S$600 in Qualifying Transactions within a month of Card Account Opening Date.) | Welcome gift for existing cardholder: S$50 cash back ( Existing Card must be issued more than 24 months earlier*; Did not cancel any Card within last 12 months*; and Charge a minimum of S$600 in Qualifying Transactions within a month of Card Account Opening Date.).
- Up to 5% cash rebates on groceries.
- Up to 5% cash rebates on petrol.
- 5% cash rebate on selected recurring mobile/cable TV/Internet bills
- Up to 5% cash rebates on groceries at all local grocery stores and supermarkets.
- Up to 2% cash rebates on dining at all food and beverage outlets (excluding hotel dining) in Singapore.
- Enjoy up to 16% instant discount at all Caltex and Shell stations on top of the cash rebates.
- Earn 1 Rewards point with every S$1 charged to your HSBC Visa Platinum credit card
- Enjoy over 1,000 Entertainer 1-for-1 deals on HSBC Singapore Mobile Banking App
- Save up to S$10,000 on your HSBC Credit Card today
|2.50% p.a. for 6 months on balance transfers or 4.88% p.a. for 12 months on balance transfers both with a processing fee of $88||25.9%||$180 (First 2 years waiver)||S$30,000 for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents. S$40,000 for self-employed and foreigners.||Related Links Read our review of HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card or view more details of HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card. See more HSBC credit cards.|
Citi Cash Back Card
- Apply now and get up to S$120 cash back as you spend. Valid for online applications from 1st July 2018 to 31st December 2018 (both dates inclusive), new Citi cardmembers only.
- Petrol: up to 20.88% fuel savings at Esso & Shell, and 8% cash back at petrol stations worldwide.
- Dining: 8% cash back at restaurants, cafés, bars worldwide daily.
- 8% cash back when you spend at bakeries and confectionery stores, such as Bengawan Solo, Prima Deli, Breadtalk, Awfully Chocolate, Paris Baguette, Candy Empire, Emi Cakes, Garrett Popcorn, Kim Choo etc. T&Cs: Cash back is capped at $25 per statement month and min. spend of $888 per statement month applies. Valid from 19th November – 31st December, 2018.
- Groceries: 8% cash back at supermarkets and groceries worldwide (honestbee and RedMart delivery counts too)
- Dining: 8% cash back at restaurants, cafes, bars worldwide
- Petrol: up to 20.88% fuel savings at Esso & Shell, and 8% cash back at other petrol stations worldwide
- All Other Retail Spend: 0.25% cash back, no cap
|Transfer your outstanding balances on any other bank's credit card or credit line to Citibank at 0% nominal interest rate for 3/6/12 months with upfront service fee from 1.58%. Eligible for new Citibank customers who apply for Citibank Ready Credit account with minimum $500 loan.||26% per annum||$192.60 (first year annual fee waiver)||For Singaporeans and PRs, minimum annual income of $30,000, for foreigners $42,000.|We least like
- High cash back rates only if you accumulate a total retail spend of S$888 or more in a statement month.
- Base cash back rate stands at 0.25%. Additional 7.75% cash back on Dining, Groceries & Petrol spend is capped at S$25 cash back per category per statement month.
|Related Links Read our review of Citi Cash Back Card or view more details of Citi Cash Back Card. See more Citibank credit cards.|
Grace Cheng is an author and seasoned traveler who loves collecting points and miles, and is constantly planning where to go next using her miles. She is co-founder and editor-in-chief at GET.com and has been featured in CNBC, Forbes, Business Insider, the Financial Times, Chicago Sun Times, ABC News and many other publications. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editorial Disclosure: Any personal views and opinions expressed by the author in this article are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect the viewpoint of GET.com. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.